This site is full of information about the Church. The site is updated regularly. It also contains information on how to make use of the Church (the people not the building) and its facilities (including the buildings). You are Welcome, whether you are new to the area or just visiting (either physically or virtually). Come in and look around and find more information about St Ambrose.
News about our new vicar
We are pleased to announce that the Revd Paul Robinson is now tVicar of this parish. Paul was the Vicar of St Anne’s Shandon in Cork.
Prior to this position, Paul was the Rector of the United Benefice of St Cuthbert & St Thomas, Halsall, Lydiate and Downholland in the Liverpool Diocese for many years.
Services in Church
We currently have two services a week on Thursday at 10:00 and Sunday at 10:30 details can be found on our events page. We are not able to live stream services anymore
The Lifting of the Covid Restrictions
The churchwardens have taken due regard of the Church of England guidance received late on 16th July, together with diocesan and government advice. Their concern, and that of the PCC, is to ensure that the church continues to be as Covid safe as possible, whilst at the same time, relaxing the most severe restrictions. When you enter the church now, you’ll see all the chairs in their usual positions! This makes the church look and feel normal! However, it is important to maintain personal responsibility regarding safe distancing, so alternate rows have been designated not to be used.Here are the main changes:
- Face coverings: these are optional but encouraged. Please make your own decision and respect the decision of others. You may wish to remove or keep the face mask in place when singing.
- Please feel free to choose a seat on the rows NOT MARKED WITH A X. If you wish to make sure that no one else sits next to you, please take an X card from the back table and place it on the seat.
- Hand gels are placed at entry/exit points. Please use as you feel necessary.
- You can choose to move freely around the church. The one-way system has been removed.Please do no congregate near the entrance/exit. Maintain your personal 1m space.
- Singing by the choir and congregation is allowed! The choir will use the choir stalls, safely spaced. Initially, there will be 2 sung hymns on Sunday mornings. This will increase on review.
- The sharing of the peace will continue to be by waving.
- The communion will remain bread only.
We hope that these measures will increase confidence and make everyone feel comfortable and welcomed in our church. We know that there are some who, having not attended for 16 months, will feel anxious about joining us at first. Please be assured that you are most welcome and that, should you wish to do so, you can remain very safely distanced from fellow churchgoers.
The St Ambrose Parish Directory is for members of the church family. It contains names, addresses and contact details of those who wish their information to be shared with/available to other members of the church family.
Articles for the Parish Magazine
If you want to put an article in the Parish Magazine the editorial team is on firstname.lastname@example.org