Public Worship at St Ambrose
If you are shielding, or have any Covid symptoms, you must not attend public worship. Some may feel that it is currently better not to attend church in person. Your safety is our priority. Those that remain at home can join the services online via the livestreams. Those that are ‘prevented for some serious reason from sharing in a celebration of the Eucharist’ can still join in the communion of Jesus Christ through an act of Spiritual Communion. Guidance on Spiritual Communion can be found on the Church of England website.Those attending public worship must abide by the following conditions:
- Face coverings must be worn;
- Social distancing to be strictly adhered to;
- Households must not mix i.e. you must sit on your own, unless attending church with other members of your household, you must not mingle with other households;
- If you are attending church on your own please sit on a single seat, not on seats placed together. These paired seats have been placed together for the use of couples from the same household so they may sit together;
- Chairs must not be moved , these have been carefully set out to comply with social distancing rules;
- When the final hymn has ended the Church Wardens will instruct you as when to vacate your chairs. Please leave the church as quickly and safely as possible, do not stop to chat with people from another household.
In the church grounds:
- Please do not mingle with people from other households.
- Please leave as quickly and safely as possible.
If you test positive for Covid-19 you must inform the Churchwardens, particularly if you have been to church in the week before your positive test.